Are you involved in a health services research project? Ecushla Linedale (Health Translation SA Program Manager) shares her top 5 tips on adopting the principles of implementation science.
- 🧠 UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM 🧠 identify what the problem is you’re trying to solve, including who is it a problem for and why and how big the problem is really (i.e. will solving it make a big difference to people’s lives).
- 🌎 UNDERSTAND THE CONTEXT 🌎 identify what you are trying to change and who will need to be involved. Consider the change process beyond the life of your project proposal.
- 🧑🤝🧑 ENGAGE WITH STAKEHOLDERS 🧑🤝🧑 speak with people who are involved along the change continuum to understand their take on the problem, context and proposed solution.
- 💡 UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM – TAKE 2 💡 map the problem again, incorporating all the stakeholder perspectives and identify the scope and focus of your project.
- 📖 CHOOSE A MODEL OR FRAMEWORK 📖 select one or multiple implementation science frameworks or models that you think work best and will help guide your research.
Want to learn more? Melbourne Academic Centre for Health have developed a fabulous directory 👉 https://machaustralia.org/resource/implementation/