Health Translation SA (HTSA) is pleased to announce the publication of our first ever Community Engagement Report 2018-19 (the Report).
Information within the report reflects the dual role our Consumer Engagement Project Officer, Alex Michelmore, has across both HTSA and the South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI) and includes:
- An outline of community engagement activities and achievements of SAHMRI and HTSA from July 2018 to June 2019, including HTSA’s involvement in national community engagement initiatives as a part of the Australian Health Research Alliance (AHRA);
- Examples of how community members have been involved or are influencing our research projects; and
- ‘Looks back’ over the past four years and highlights the achievements of SAHMRI since the development of the SAHMRI Consumer and Community Engagement Framework.
Several highlights over the past year include:
- Collaborating with the AHRA Consumer and Community Involvement Steering Committee to disseminate their national survey to measure the extent and nature of community and consumer involvement in health and medical research.
- Holding the first ‘Connecting with Community’ Forum, bringing together over 60 consumers and researchers currently undertaking consumer engagement activities across SAHMRI, HTSA and Adelaide Bio-Med City.
- Collaborating with Flinders University to run a ‘Partnership in Research Workshop’. Several researcher and consumer partnerships were formed, and a second event is planned.
- Supporting community engagement in the Round 3 MRFF Transformative Translational Research process with community members working on the strategic round tables; ranking research proposals and contributing as members of the review panel.
- Launching the Community Interest Register, enabling access to a database of community members who are interested in being involved in health and medical research within South Australia.
A copy of the full Community Engagement Report 2018-19 is available in the link below.