Last updated 24/09/2019
In the 2014 to 2015 Budget the Australian Government created the $20 billion MRFF. The MRFF provides a major injection in health and medical research funding. The MRFF is in addition and complements the history and ongoing funding of the National Health and Medical Research Council.
Below is a list of links to current and upcoming MRFF grant opportunities and how to apply.
MRFF International Clinical Trial Collaborations (ICTC) Program (Round 3)
Applications close: 4 December 2019
The ICTC Grant Opportunity will provide support for Australian research teams to conduct clinical trial research in collaboration with international counterparts.
MRFF Investigator Grants
Applications Open: 2 October 2019
Applications Close: 27 November 2019
$32 million will be available from the MRFF for Investigator Grants for early to mid-career researchers who can demonstrate experience turning research into positive outcomes for patients. The funding will support innovative solutions to the nation’s most pressing health issues in the following MRFF priority research areas:
- Australian Brain Cancer Mission
- Million Minds Mission
- Genomics Health Futures Mission
- Ageing, Aged Care and Dementia Mission
- Indigenous Health Research Fund
- Stem Cell Therapies Mission
- Mission for Cardiovascular Health
- Traumatic Brain Injury Mission
- Preventative and Public Health Research
- Primary Health Care Research
- Global Health – Tackling Antimicrobial Resistance and Drug Resistant Tuberculosis