The SA MRFF working group are working together to support our researchers to respond to health system needs and to increase health and medical research funding for South Australia. On October 1st over 150 people attended the inaugural MRFF Information Session presented by Health Translation SA, the University of Adelaide, Flinders University, the University of South Australia, SAHMRI and the Department of Innovation and Skills.
Take-outs from the meeting include the importance of:
- Research that responds to health system needs and priorities
- Verifiable and productive collaborations
- Game changing research with potential for global impact
- Leveraged investment in partnership with industry and philanthropy
- Consideration of health economics and impact
- Recognising and strengthening the role of Primary Care and preventative measures
Special thanks to Dr Martin Donnelley, Prof Chris Levi and Prof Susan Hillier for their presentation.