New SA Health Governance and Ethics Management System
SA Health, with the support of the Hospital Research Foundation, have announced a new Governance and Ethics Management System. The new system is called Research GEMS.
What is Research GEMS?
Research GEMS will:
- replace Online Forms and some paper applications forms currently used across SA Health
- be implemented across SA Health to manage ethics and governance applications
- allow researchers to complete their Human Research Ethics Application (HREA) and Site Specific Assessment (SSA) forms, monitor approval progress, and submit post approval monitoring to their local Research Office.
How does this impact me?
If you submit applications (Ethics or SSA) to any of the Human Research Ethics Committees (HRECs) listed, it is important you read the information below, including key dates, which may impact on current or new applications.
- Southern Adelaide Local Health Network (SALHN)
- Central Adelaide Local Health Network (CALHN)
- Women’s and Children’s Health Network (WCHN)
- SA Department for Health and Well Being
The current system, ‘Online Forms’, will be turned off at the end of October 2020. Research Gems (new system) will GO LIVE in November with the exact date to be determined.